Olusegun Ariyo

Contrary to speculations regarding whether the Presidential candidate of The All Progressive Congress, Bola Ahmed Tinubu collected N50 billion Monthly from Former Lagos state Governor, Akinwumi Ambode during his Administration, the former senator says he had never done such, saying it was never true in the first instance

A report recently emerged online alleging that part of his inability to secure the APC governorship ticket in 2018 was his refusal to remit the said amount to Asiawaju.

Debunking the report on Tuesday, a statement by the Director, Media and Communications for Tinubu Campaign Organisation(TCO), Bayo Onanuga said Tinubu could not have made such a demand.

“The spuriousness of the statement is evidence that Lagos did not begin to clock N50 billion revenue until after Ambode left office.

“Tinubu could not have demanded a billion monthly payment from Ambode when the state government didn’t make such in a month throughout the tenure of Ambode”, the statement added.

The statement revealed that the site from which some of the fake news emanated had been identified as World of News with URL as world news.

According to Onanuga, “A content analysis of the site clearly showed that it is a Biafra news platform”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *