Olaleye idowu

The Zamfara state governor, Bello Matawalle on Sunday hinted that there are many revelations to make about government girls’ secondary school, jengebe, while the commissioner of police debunked their release rumour

The governor disclosed this when 17 Emirs in the state paid him a sympathy visit over the abduction of the schoolgirls and that which was monitored on channels News @ten yesterday

Recall that gunmen on Friday attacked GGSS Jangede, and abducted over 300 girls, while seven of the girls escaped while they were being taken into the bush.

The attack occurred almost two weeks after bandits abducted 27 students and 15 workers of Government Science College, Kagara, Niger State.

Before the attack in Kagara, bandits had struck in Kundu village, also in Niger State and abducted passengers of the state transport service bus.

Commenting on the rising insecurity in the country, the Emir of Anka blamed the Federal  Government.

He said, “The Federal Government is in total control of the security operatives in the country and not the state governors, as such the President is the one who has failed to address the issue of insecurity.”

In his response, Matawalle thanked the Emirs for the solidarity visit and assured them that he would not abandon his peace accord with the bandits no matter what the people would say.

He said, “As we await the arrival of the released kidnapped students of GSSS Jangebe at the Government House today, I want to inform you that there are many revelations in relation to the abduction of these students.”

“Many people will be surprised to hear those people behind the abduction of these innocent children.”

“They are not comfortable with the progress I am getting as a result of my peace initiative and they want to do all they can to sabotage my efforts”.

Meanwhile, there was confusion over the release of the schoolgirls on Sunday. While top government officials and the state government said they had been released, an online newspaper, The Cable reported the state Commissioner for Information and Culture,  Suleiman  Anka, said they had not been released.

But setting the record straight, the State Commissioner of Police, Zamfara state, Abutu Yaro, on Sunday said that the over 300 abducted students had not been released.

The CP clarified that the command in collaboration with other security agencies and the state government were intensifying efforts that would lead to the safe rescue of the students.

The CP in a statement on Sunday titled, ‘Zamafara abducted students not released,’ and that which is made available to urban Express-News online through the Police Public Relation officer Sp Mohammed Shehu said, “The attention of Zamfara Zamfara State Police Command has been drawn to the news currently trending on some online media platforms that the abducted students of Government Girls Science Secondary school Jangebe in Talata Mafara LGA have been released.

 “From the records available to the police command, the abducted students have not been released. However, the command in collaboration with other security agencies and the state government is intensifying efforts that will lead to the safe rescue of the students.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Open chat