Image result for nigerian turkish school

Officials and female students of  Nigeria-Turkish International College, Isheri, Ogun State kidnapped 13 days
ago have regained their freedom. They were brought back to the back of the school
at about 8.30pm last night.

Urban express news Online gathered
that following negotiations between parents of the victims and the kidnappers,
following which a whopping N50 million ransom was paid, the gang gave an
assurance that the schoolgirls would be brought back.

Before the students were freed,
there was anxiety among their parents, as the kidnappers had switched off their
phones since Monday night, after collecting the N50 million ransom.

Confused as to what was the fate of
the children, tension overwhelmed the victims’ parents, who could not
communicate with the kidnappers after delivering the ransom. This continued
till yesterday when one of them received a phone call that the students had
been dropped at the back of the school.

Competent sources revealed that
operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) were instrumental to the
release of the students, as they worked with the parents throughout.

Meanwhile Urban express news  gathered that parents of the kidnapped
schoolgirls are angry that the police want to give the impression that they
facilitated the release of the victims when, actually they did not show much

Sources revealed that it was only
last Saturday that the police, for the first time, contacted parents of the
kidnapped victims, who had worked as one in the effort to secure the students’
freedom. However, the police were said to be intercepting the phone
conversations of the kidnappers and the victims’ parents and using the
information gathered to present a picture that they were on top of the matter.

Before the release of the students
last night, the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris, had taken
over the investigation of the abduction of students and school official.

Not satisfied that almost two weeks
after the victims were abducted, the victims were yet to be rescued, the IGP
decided to personally take over the investigation.

Lagos State Commissioner of Police,
Fatai Owoseni, had revealed this at a press briefing yesterday. He confirmed
that the Department of State Services (DSS) and military had joined in the
rescue effort.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Open chat