A journalist, Ahmed Salkida, Took to his twitter handle to narrate some circumstance behind his inclusion of those wanted by the Nigeria Army
, Accordingly, contrary to what was said that he was on the run from Nigeria as
the Nigerian Army has made the public to believe, by declaring him wanted over
alleged connection with the Boko Haram sect, declaring that he will soon make
himself available to the military.
Salkida and two other persons,
Ahmed Bolori and Aisha Wakil, were on Sunday declared wanted by the military
over alleged link with the Boko Haram sect, especially with the last two videos
released by the sect.
But Salkida, in an electronic
statement made available to newsmen on Monday, in Abuja, said he, in the coming
days, would be in Abuja, to avail himself to the Army authorities.
The statement read: “My attention
has been drawn to a public notice put out by the Nigerian Army and signed by
Colonel S.K. Usman, Acting Director, Army Public Relations. The statement
declaring me wanted seeks culpable grounds to punish me on account of ‘last two
videos released by Boko Haram terrorists and other findings…’ by the Army.
“Clearly, my status as a Nigerian
journalist, who has reported extensively, painstakingly and consistently on the
Boko Haram menace in the country since 2006, is an open book known to Nigerians
and the international community. Equally, my total allegiance and sacrifice to
the Federal Republic of Nigeria is self-evident. I have stayed within the creed
of professional journalism in my work.
“As a testimony to the credible and
professional values of my access, since May 2015, I had been to Nigeria three
times on the invitation of Federal Government agencies. I made personal
sacrifices for the release of our Chibok daughters.
“Finally, the Army is aware that I
am not in Nigeria presently. In the coming days, I will seek to get a flight to
Abuja and avail myself to the Army authorities. Indeed, my return will be
hastened if the Military sends me a ticket,” it stated.