URBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVE
  • Home
  • Politics
    Politics
    “Followers who tell the truth, and leaders who listen to it, are an unbeatable combination.”— Warren Bennis
    Show More
    Top News
    He Plans To Use Him-Keyamo Says’ Atiku’s Strategy Part of Obi’s Presidential Ambition
    January 1, 2026
    Court Affirms Abure’s Removal, Orders INEC To Recognize Nenadi Usman
    January 21, 2026
    Electoral Act: Listen To Nigerians, Don’t be Overlords-PLAC Tells Senate 
    February 6, 2026
    Latest News
    Vote Out APC, Atiku Tells FCT Council Electorates Ahead of Saturday’s Poll
    February 19, 2026
    Instead of US, Camp for Soul Winning, Get To Witches- Primate Ayodele Tells Nigerian Pastors 
    February 18, 2026
    Why Afraid of Free, Fair Election- ADC Lambasts APC, Says Party Has All Governors in its Folds
    February 18, 2026
    APC Going Against Nigerian’s Wish On E-transmission-PDP Lawmaker, Adepoju 
    February 18, 2026
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
    • Contact us
    • Advertise
Search
  • Advertise
© 2024 Urbanexpresslive. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Emir Sanusi: IGP Direct Withdrawal of Police Invites, Give Alternative Means
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
URBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVE
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
Search
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
    • Contact us
    • Advertise
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
URBANEXPRESSLIVE > web-Page > Crime Lence > Emir Sanusi: IGP Direct Withdrawal of Police Invites, Give Alternative Means
Crime LenceCrime Reports

Emir Sanusi: IGP Direct Withdrawal of Police Invites, Give Alternative Means

urbanexpresslive
Last updated: April 7, 2025 4:56 pm
urbanexpresslive
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Olusegun Ariyo

The Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun, has withdrawn the invitation extended to the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi.

However, Egbetokun has directed the Kano State Command of the force to obtain Sanusi’s statement regarding the incident.

The police chief issued the directive through the Force spokesperson, Olumuyiwa Adejobi.

The Emir had been summoned over an alleged murder during last Sunday’s Sallah festivities in Kano.

The incident occurred after Emir Sanusi returned home from Eid prayers. He had gone to the Eid prayer ground on foot but returned to the palace riding a horse.

According to Adejobi, the withdrawal of the invitation was due to the intervention of certain stakeholders in the country.

He also stated that the decision aligned with the police’s commitment to ensuring that policing actions are not politicised or misinterpreted.

The statement read: “The Nigeria Police Force has withdrawn its earlier invitation extended to Alhaji Sanusi in connection with the unfortunate incident that occurred in Kano State during the Sallah celebration on March 30, 2025.

“The invitation was initially issued to enable Alhaji Sanusi to provide his account of the events that led to the breakdown of law and order in the state.

“However, following advice from respected stakeholders and in line with the Inspector-General of Police’s commitment to ensuring that policing actions are not politicised or misinterpreted, the IGP has directed that the invitation be withdrawn.

“Instead, operatives of the Force Intelligence Department (FID) have been mandated, on the instructions of the IGP, to proceed to Kano to obtain Alhaji Sanusi’s statement.

“Before the Sallah Day celebration, credible intelligence at the disposal of the Police indicated that the two disputed Emirs in Kano State—Alhaji Ado Bayero and Alhaji Lamido Sanusi—were planning to hold separate Durbar Festivals.

“The Durbar Festival is a long-held tradition involving a recognised Emir riding on horses around the city accompanied by his people.

“To forestall possible violence, the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Kayode Adeolu Egbetokun, Ph.D., NPM, deployed the Coordinating DIG for the North West, who also serves as the Deputy Inspector-General of Police in charge of the Force Criminal Investigation Department, DIG Abubakar Sadiq, mni, to engage in dialogue with the two disputed Emirs in Kano and the Kano State Government. It was mutually agreed that no Durbar Festival would be held to preserve peace and public safety, and neither of the disputed Emirs would ride on horseback on Sallah day.

“Despite this agreement, Alhaji Sanusi, who had attended the Eid prayers in his car, decided to mount a horse in a procession after Eid prayers on Sallah Day, accompanied by local vigilantes.

“This triggered a confrontation by youths in the community, leading to the tragic death of one Usman Sagiru and leaving several others injured. This was a situation the Force had earlier warned against and intended to avert by sending emissaries to both Alhaji Sanusi and Alhaji Ado Bayero.

“The Nigeria Police Force, under the leadership of the Inspector-General of Police, remains resolute in its commitment to conducting its criminal investigation duties with the highest level of professionalism, including the investigation of this incident.

“All individuals found culpable will, in due course, be brought to justice. To this effect, some arrests have been made, prompting the invitation to Alhaji Sanusi.

“The Force also wishes to reiterate that its actions are guided solely by the principles of justice, neutrality, and professionalism.”

You Might Also Like

We Lack Constitutional Power To Evaluate Tenure of IGP, his Retirement-PSC

Election Updates: Nine In Police Net Over Vote Buying, Recover Weapon, Huge Sum

How Construction  Worker in Ogun Got Macheted To Death

How Tank Builder In Lagos Lands in Prison Over Alleged N9.3m Fraud

Tanker Explosion: IGP Egbetokun Commiserates With Families, Niger Govt, Victims

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Publish Your Budget On Websites, Nigerian Govt Orders Federal Universities, Polytechnics
Next Article ‘Oja Oge’ By Ecobank; All Set for Second Edition, over 100 Exhibitors Listed
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

235.3kFollowersLike
69.1kFollowersFollow
11.6kFollowersPin
56.4kFollowersFollow
136kSubscribersSubscribe
4.4kFollowersFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

EPL:  Why Performance Against Wolves Far From Standard Saka Criticises Arsenal Stars 
Urban Sports February 19, 2026
UCL: Playoffs: Checkout Full Results of This Week’s Round of 16 Leg Matches
Urban Sports February 19, 2026
EPL: Why Alan Smith Blames Two Arsenal Stars For 2-2 Draw With Wolves
Urban Sports February 19, 2026
UCL: What Club Brugge Coach Laments Regarding Onyedika’s Suspension For Atletico’s Second Leg
Urban Sports February 19, 2026
//

UrbanExpressNews is Nigeria Most Reliable Online News, With Quality Pedigree of Writers made available on the online space.

Download Our App

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

info@urbanexpresslive.com

 

Follow US
© 2024 Urbanexpresslive. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account