URBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVE
  • Home
  • Politics
    Politics
    “Followers who tell the truth, and leaders who listen to it, are an unbeatable combination.”— Warren Bennis
    Show More
    Top News
    Your Welfare Shall Be Priority-Gov Okpebholo Promises Edo, Unveils Five Point Agenda
    November 12, 2024
    President Tinubu Request Senate Confirmation of General Oluyede As Chief of Army Staff
    November 22, 2024
    Why PDP NWC Dismisses ikenga Ugochinyere’s Expulsion By Ward EXCO
    December 7, 2024
    Latest News
    Vote Out APC, Atiku Tells FCT Council Electorates Ahead of Saturday’s Poll
    February 19, 2026
    Instead of US, Camp for Soul Winning, Get To Witches- Primate Ayodele Tells Nigerian Pastors 
    February 18, 2026
    Why Afraid of Free, Fair Election- ADC Lambasts APC, Says Party Has All Governors in its Folds
    February 18, 2026
    APC Going Against Nigerian’s Wish On E-transmission-PDP Lawmaker, Adepoju 
    February 18, 2026
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
    • Contact us
    • Advertise
Search
  • Advertise
© 2024 Urbanexpresslive. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Court Rejects Malami’s Bail Application, To Remain In EFCC Custody
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
URBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVE
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
Search
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
    • Contact us
    • Advertise
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
URBANEXPRESSLIVE > web-Page > Discover > Court Rejects Malami’s Bail Application, To Remain In EFCC Custody
DiscoverPolitics

Court Rejects Malami’s Bail Application, To Remain In EFCC Custody

urbanexpresslive
Last updated: December 18, 2025 4:01 pm
urbanexpresslive
Share
1 Min Read
SHARE

Olusegun Ariyo

Contents
The Federal Capital Territory, FCT,  High Court on Thursday rejected the bail application of a former Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami.Malami had in the application sought bail from the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.In his ruling, the presiding judge, Justice Babangida Hassan, said Malami’s detention was lawful and backed by a valid court order.The EFCC had accused Malami of money laundering and abuse of office.Urban Express News recalls that the anti-graft agency, on November 28, invited Malami for questioning.Subsequently, reports emerged indicating that Malami’s international passport was seized over the ongoing investigation into the whereabouts of an alleged $490 million Abacha loot, which was secured by the immediate past administration through a Mutual Legal Assistance, MLAT, request.The former minister has been detained in the custody of the anti-graft agency.However, the former AGF has described the allegations against him as “baseless, illogical and wholly devoid of substance”.He claimed that upon his assumption of office in 2015 as Nigeria’s Attorney-General, the recovery of the said funds had already been completed by a Swiss lawyer, Mr. Enrico Monfrini.

The Federal Capital Territory, FCT,  High Court on Thursday rejected the bail application of a former Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami.

Malami had in the application sought bail from the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

In his ruling, the presiding judge, Justice Babangida Hassan, said Malami’s detention was lawful and backed by a valid court order.

The EFCC had accused Malami of money laundering and abuse of office.

Urban Express News recalls that the anti-graft agency, on November 28, invited Malami for questioning.

Subsequently, reports emerged indicating that Malami’s international passport was seized over the ongoing investigation into the whereabouts of an alleged $490 million Abacha loot, which was secured by the immediate past administration through a Mutual Legal Assistance, MLAT, request.

The former minister has been detained in the custody of the anti-graft agency.

However, the former AGF has described the allegations against him as “baseless, illogical and wholly devoid of substance”.

He claimed that upon his assumption of office in 2015 as Nigeria’s Attorney-General, the recovery of the said funds had already been completed by a Swiss lawyer, Mr. Enrico Monfrini.

You Might Also Like

IBB’s Book Hints On How Aguyi-Ironsi Caused Tension Between Gowon, Ojukwu

Defamation: Afe Babalola Moves to Debar Farotimi, Writes Legal Disciplinary Committee

Disclose Private, Public officers Violating Anti-Torture Act-Falana Pleads With Nigerians

Last Minute Push To Stop Three PDP Senators From Kebbi To APC Stall

PDP Will Make Nigeria Proud-Makinde

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Omniversity: Redefining professional competence with academic validation
Next Article Prohibition of Exportation of Wood, Allied Products, Nigeria Unveils Presidential Executive Order
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

235.3kFollowersLike
69.1kFollowersFollow
11.6kFollowersPin
56.4kFollowersFollow
136kSubscribersSubscribe
4.4kFollowersFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

EPL:  Why Performance Against Wolves Far From Standard Saka Criticises Arsenal Stars 
Urban Sports February 19, 2026
UCL: Playoffs: Checkout Full Results of This Week’s Round of 16 Leg Matches
Urban Sports February 19, 2026
EPL: Why Alan Smith Blames Two Arsenal Stars For 2-2 Draw With Wolves
Urban Sports February 19, 2026
UCL: What Club Brugge Coach Laments Regarding Onyedika’s Suspension For Atletico’s Second Leg
Urban Sports February 19, 2026
//

UrbanExpressNews is Nigeria Most Reliable Online News, With Quality Pedigree of Writers made available on the online space.

Download Our App

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

info@urbanexpresslive.com

 

Follow US
© 2024 Urbanexpresslive. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account