URBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVE
  • Home
  • Politics
    Politics
    “Followers who tell the truth, and leaders who listen to it, are an unbeatable combination.”— Warren Bennis
    Show More
    Top News
    Planned Tariff Concessions:  India’s Prime Minister Set To Meet Trump
    February 10, 2025
    IPMAN Gives Nigeria Govt Ultimatum To Clear N100bn Debt As Nationwide Scarcity Looms
    February 24, 2025
    Avoid National Embarrassment-NANS Urge Tinubu To Wade Into Natasha’s Imbriglio With Akpabio
    March 1, 2025
    Latest News
    Why Nigeria  Needs Review of Security Architecture-PDP
    November 28, 2025
    Nine Days Ultimatum: Lamido Urges PDP To Resolve Party Imbroglio 
    November 28, 2025
    What ADC Claim Regarding Nigeria Govt Involvement In Happenings Says’ It’s Undeniable
    November 27, 2025
    Inclusive Growth, People’s Needs Must Drive Lagos 2026 Budget-Obasa
    November 26, 2025
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
    • About Us
    • Contact us
    • Advertise
Search
  • Advertise
© 2024 Urbanexpresslive. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Rape, Sexual Assault Charges-Commedian Russell Brand Gets Bail
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
URBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVE
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
Search
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
    • About Us
    • Contact us
    • Advertise
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
URBANEXPRESSLIVE > web-Page > Entertainment > Rape, Sexual Assault Charges-Commedian Russell Brand Gets Bail
Entertainment

Rape, Sexual Assault Charges-Commedian Russell Brand Gets Bail

urbanexpresslive
Last updated: May 3, 2025 12:43 pm
urbanexpresslive
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Seun Emmanuel

Russell Brand has been released on bail after appearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court, where he faced charges related to sexual offences, including rape.

During the brief hearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court, the 49-year-old spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth, and address, also confirming to the judge that he understood his bail conditions.

According to Sky News, Brand, who currently resides in the U.S., was officially charged by post last month with one count each of rape, oral rape, and indecent assault, along with two counts of sexual assault, in connection with alleged incidents involving four separate women between 1999 and 2005.

The allegations surfaced in a joint investigation by The Sunday Times, The Times, and Channel 4’s Dispatches in September 2023.

The star, who is over 6ft tall, wore a black shirt which was unbuttoned to his mid-chest, black jeans and sunglasses.

Brand was surrounded by journalists and photographers as he entered the court, remaining composed and silent despite being peppered with questions. A police presence was also visible.

The comedian, actor and author has denied the accusations and said he has “never engaged in non-consensual activity”.

Brand appeared in court, removing his sunglasses after entering. He stood to confirm his name and address, then sat while the charges were read aloud.

Brand is charged with the rape of a woman in 1999 in the Bournemouth area and the oral rape and sexual assault of a woman in 2004 in the Westminster area of London.

The 2004 sexual assault charge claims the actor touched the woman’s breasts without her consent.

He is also accused of indecently assaulting a woman in 2001 by “grabbing her arm and dragging her toward a men’s toilet,” and of sexually assaulting another woman between 2004 and 2005—both alleged incidents are said to have taken place in Westminster, London.

The judge referred the case up to the Crown Court – informally known as the Old Bailey – and told Brand he must attend on 30 May.

Brand provided his US and UK addresses to the court and confirmed he understood his bail conditions. After the hearing, he thanked the judge before leaving the court.

In a video posted on X after he was initially charged, Brand told his followers: “I am now going to have the opportunity to defend these charges in court, and I’m incredibly grateful for that.”

In a social media video, Brand stated he looks forward to proving his innocence and mentioned heading to his country.

Brand hosted a BBC Radio 2 show from 2006 to 2008 but left after controversy surrounding a lewd voicemail he left for actor Andrew Sachs, an incident later known as “Sachsgate”.

Brand also presented on Big Brother spin-off shows Big Brother’s Big Mouth and Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack in the noughties.

Brand was previously married to singer Katy Perry from 2010 to 2012. He is now married to Laura Gallacher, with whom he has two daughters, Mabel and Peggy. Laura is the sister of presenter Kirsty Gallacher.

You Might Also Like

Why I’m Against Colonialism, Not European People-Seun Kuti

What Kanye West Hinted Regarding Splitting From Wife Bianca Censori after Two Years

How Queen Dami Hindered My Inability of  Not Able To Win Grammy-Portable

Womaniser-I’ve been Part of Such-Timini Egbuson Reveals

Kizz Daniel Replies Davido’s Fans, Gives Reason He Can’t Ignore Wizkid

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article He Was a Local Artist-Akon Revealed How He Brushed  Up Wizkid’s Career
Next Article Us Musician, Akon Hints On Why Musk Fights For White South African
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

235.3kFollowersLike
69.1kFollowersFollow
11.6kFollowersPin
56.4kFollowersFollow
136kSubscribersSubscribe
4.4kFollowersFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

What Rema Reacts After Ayra Starr’s Decision to Relocate to New York 
Entertainment November 28, 2025
Why Nigeria  Needs Review of Security Architecture-PDP
Discover Politics November 28, 2025
Nine Days Ultimatum: Lamido Urges PDP To Resolve Party Imbroglio 
Discover Politics November 28, 2025
2027: If Tinubu Loses Edo, I’ll Resign, Governor Okpebholor Says 
Uncategorized November 28, 2025
Executive Master of Transport Management
//

UrbanExpressNews is Nigeria Most Reliable Online News, With Quality Pedigree of Writers made available on the online space.

Download Our App

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

info@urbanexpresslive.com

 

Follow US
© 2024 Urbanexpresslive. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account