URBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVE
  • Home
  • Politics
    Politics
    “Followers who tell the truth, and leaders who listen to it, are an unbeatable combination.”— Warren Bennis
    Show More
    Top News
    Hamas’ll Pay For The Crime of Killing American Hostage-Biden Threatened
    September 1, 2024
    Choose Lesser Evil-Pope Francis Advice Catholic Voters As US Election Draws Near
    September 14, 2024
    Uploading of IREV Reports Now 86.55% In Edo Guber Election Concern
    September 21, 2024
    Latest News
    Alleged Breach Of Security: Court Grants El-Rufai Stringent Bail Condition, Plus N100m
    May 18, 2026
    Breaking: Disqualified From Primaries, APC Releases  Aspirants Names Affected
    May 18, 2026
    Banigo Danagogo, Others Disqualified As  Rivers APC Proceed With Senatorial Primaries
    May 17, 2026
    Breaking: Buhari’s Son Clinches APC Reps Ticket In Primary Election
    May 16, 2026
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
    • Contact us
    • Advertise
Search
  • Advertise
© 2024 Urbanexpresslive. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Zulum Raises Concerns As Bumb Blast Rocks Borno, Kills Eight, Injures Many
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
URBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVE
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
Search
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
    • Contact us
    • Advertise
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
URBANEXPRESSLIVE > web-Page > Crime Lence > Zulum Raises Concerns As Bumb Blast Rocks Borno, Kills Eight, Injures Many
Crime LenceCrime Reports

Zulum Raises Concerns As Bumb Blast Rocks Borno, Kills Eight, Injures Many

urbanexpresslive
Last updated: April 13, 2025 8:55 am
urbanexpresslive
Share
2 Min Read
SHARE

Olusegun Ariyo

Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, has expressed sympathy for the victims of a bomb blast suspected to have been planted by Boko Haram insurgents along the Maiduguri–Damboa highway.

The blast, believed to have been caused by an Improvised Explosive Device, IED, killed eight people and injured 21 others on Saturday.

The targeted civilian vehicles were travelling along the highway.

Fourteen of the injured victims sustained severe injuries, while seven others were treated for minor wounds at the State Specialist Hospital in Maiduguri.

Zulum, who visited the victims, described the incident as regrettable, especially as Borno had not experienced an IED attack in over a year.

“It is unfortunate this is happening now. We haven’t witnessed an IED attack for over a year,” Zulum said.

He noted the road had been closed for a month.

Zulum expressed grief over the loss of life and extended condolences to the families of the deceased.

“I urge the Nigerian military and other security agencies to strengthen surveillance along the highway to prevent further attacks,” he said.

He also pledged to enhance local security systems, including supporting the Civilian Joint Task Force, CJTF) and youth volunteers involved in counter-insurgency operations.

Meanwhile, Zulum expressed satisfaction with the results of a recent meeting with military chiefs in Abuja, where concerns over the resurgence of Boko Haram activities were raised.

“Our discussions during the security council were positive. We highlighted the resurgence of Boko Haram in Borno and stressed the need for cooperation.

“We met with the service chiefs in Abuja and received assurances from them that they would do everything possible to manage the situation,” he added.

You Might Also Like

Detained Minors; Tinubu Orders Immediate release of EndBadGovernce Protesters

Oil Theft: How Operatives Arrested 19 Suspects, Confiscated 260,000 Liters of Stolen Products

How Medical Doctor Involved In Child Trafficking, Forgery Was Arrested In Enugu

Seized Products: How Customs Auctioned Impounded PMS At N630 Per Littre

Soldiers, Shi’ites Clash During Free Palestinians Protest

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Nigeria will Suffer More Consequences if it Continues to Neglect South East-Joe Igbokwe
Next Article How They Tortured, Offered N200M to Implicate Fubara’s CoS-Discharged Suspects Gives Chilling Details
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

235.3kFollowersLike
69.1kFollowersFollow
11.6kFollowersPin
56.4kFollowersFollow
136kSubscribersSubscribe
4.4kFollowersFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

More ISIS Casualties As US Military Strikes  Hit Targets In Nigeria 
Crime Lence Crime Reports May 18, 2026
Alleged Breach Of Security: Court Grants El-Rufai Stringent Bail Condition, Plus N100m
Discover Politics May 18, 2026
Breaking: Disqualified From Primaries, APC Releases  Aspirants Names Affected
Discover Politics May 18, 2026
Police Authority  Detained Officer Over Escape  of rape suspect  From Custody In Rivers
Crime Lence Crime Reports May 17, 2026
//

UrbanExpressNews is Nigeria Most Reliable Online News, With Quality Pedigree of Writers made available on the online space.

Download Our App

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

info@urbanexpresslive.com

 

Follow US
© 2024 Urbanexpresslive. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account