URBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVE
  • Home
  • Politics
    Politics
    “Followers who tell the truth, and leaders who listen to it, are an unbeatable combination.”— Warren Bennis
    Show More
    Top News
    Outstanding  Salaries: we’ll Embark On Nationwide Strike, SSANU, NASU Warns FG
    September 19, 2024
    What US Judge Rules On Prince Harry’s American Visa Application
    September 24, 2024
    We May Start Experiencing Better Election Without Police- Atiku’s Aide Says On Rivers LG Poll
    October 5, 2024
    Latest News
    Alleged Defamation: Court Remands Ekiti APC Disqualified  Guber Aspirant
    August 19, 2026
    Osun Poll: President Tinubu Greets Adeleke After Victory 
    August 16, 2026
    Osun Election: Davido Celebrates Adeleke’s Victory, Says Thank You, Lord’
    August 16, 2026
    Osun Update: Sixty Percent of Election Results Uploaded on IReV
    August 15, 2026
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
    • Contact us
    • Advertise
Search
  • Advertise
© 2024 Urbanexpresslive. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Alleged Defamation: Court Remands Ekiti APC Disqualified  Guber Aspirant
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
URBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVE
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
Search
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
    • Contact us
    • Advertise
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
URBANEXPRESSLIVE > web-Page > Discover > Alleged Defamation: Court Remands Ekiti APC Disqualified  Guber Aspirant
DiscoverPolitics

Alleged Defamation: Court Remands Ekiti APC Disqualified  Guber Aspirant

urbanexpresslive
Last updated: August 19, 2026 9:37 am
urbanexpresslive
Share
5 Min Read
SHARE

Olusegun ARIYO

A Magistrate Court sitting in Ado-Ekiti has remanded the disqualified APC governorship aspirant in Ekiti State, Abimbola Olajumoke, in prison custody for one month over allegations of defamation, cyberbullying and kidnapping in a case instituted by the Chief Executive Officer of YSJ Agro-Allied Limited, Mrs Yemisi Joluwe.

Chief Magistrate Abayin Adeosun had earlier granted Olajumoke bail but subsequently revoked the bail after she failed to appear in court at the next adjourned sitting, leading to her arrest and detention.

He adjourned the case till September 15.

When contacted by telephone, the plaintiff, who is the CEO of YSJ Agro-Allied Limited, Mrs Yemisi Joluwe, said her decision to approach the court was aimed at seeking justice for the alleged damage to her reputation and the harm caused to members of her staff by the actions of the defendant.

She said: “At YSJ Farms, we have always welcomed constructive feedback and public scrutiny, as they help us grow and serve our community better. However, there is a clear distinction between a genuine complaint and a deliberate, malicious attempt to destroy a company’s hard-earned reputation.

“We filed this petition because the statements made by Abimbola Olajumoke were not only blatantly false but were specifically engineered to damage our corporate integrity. We have a duty to our investors, our employees and our customers to fiercely protect the YSJ brand from baseless slander.”

When asked whether the case would distract her from the company’s programmes, Joluwe said the day-to-day operations of the company had not been affected, adding that YSJ Farms remained fully focused on its agricultural mandate and on delivering quality produce to the market.

She said: “When false narratives are heavily amplified, it forces us to spend valuable time reassuring our stakeholders and partners. This lawsuit is actually a reassurance to those partners. It sends a strong message that our foundation is solid, our operations are transparent, and we will not allow anyone to compromise the trust we have built in the agricultural sector over the years, including its impact on the empowerment of youths in Ekiti State.

“Our primary goal is very simple: the complete restoration of the truth. We are seeking a formal retraction, a public apology and appropriate damages for the harm caused to our brand. Beyond YSJ Farms, this is about setting a standard for accountability.

“In this era of social media and instant communication, people must understand that words have weight and consequences. You cannot try to dismantle a legitimate business through falsehoods and expect to walk away unchallenged. We trust the judicial system to uphold the truth and set the right precedent.”

Speaking on reports concerning a kidnapping incident on the farm, Joluwe confirmed that the company maintains a strong partnership with security agencies to ensure the safety of its staff and management.

She said: “Let me be absolutely clear: YSJ Farms is an agricultural enterprise dedicated to empowering Ekiti youths and boosting food security. Security agencies are investigating the alleged involvement of Abimbola Olajumoke in the kidnapping and murder of our staff. We are determined to follow the process to a logical conclusion.

“The safety of our pioneer participants and new intakes is our absolute number one priority. The moment these malicious rumours surfaced, we immediately moved to reassure our workers and their families.

“We work very closely with local security agencies and the Ekiti State Government to ensure that all our farm clusters are secure environments. Our youths are currently at the farms, working diligently and earning their honest pay, and we are glad that the partnership is yielding positive results for Ekiti youths.”

You Might Also Like

Real Reason Persistent Bleeding, Insecurity  Happens In Nigeria-Peter Obi 

TCN Gives Update On Akwa Ibom Outage, Gives Reason

Suspected Cattle Rustlers Arrested In Nasarawa As Police Recover 34 Cows, Arms

How Tinubu Outsnokered Buhari To Become Nigeria’s President-Ojudu  

Again, Gunmen Raid Zamfara Abduct 46 Inhabitants

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article EPL: Why Arsenal Confirms 2026/27 Squad Members For Players
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

235.3kFollowersLike
69.1kFollowersFollow
11.6kFollowersPin
56.4kFollowersFollow
136kSubscribersSubscribe
4.4kFollowersFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

EPL: Why Arsenal Confirms 2026/27 Squad Members For Players
Urban Sports August 18, 2026
Oyebamiji Opens Up After Defeat in Osun Election
Uncategorized August 18, 2026
EPL: He worked hard- Paul Scholes Names Arsenal Player Arteta Should Watch Out for
Urban Sports August 16, 2026
Osun Poll: President Tinubu Greets Adeleke After Victory 
Discover Politics August 16, 2026
//

UrbanExpressNews is Nigeria Most Reliable Online News, With Quality Pedigree of Writers made available on the online space.

Download Our App

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

info@urbanexpresslive.com

 

Follow US
© 2024 Urbanexpresslive. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account