URBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVE
  • Home
  • Politics
    Politics
    “Followers who tell the truth, and leaders who listen to it, are an unbeatable combination.”— Warren Bennis
    Show More
    Top News
    Hamas’ll Pay For The Crime of Killing American Hostage-Biden Threatened
    September 1, 2024
    Choose Lesser Evil-Pope Francis Advice Catholic Voters As US Election Draws Near
    September 14, 2024
    Uploading of IREV Reports Now 86.55% In Edo Guber Election Concern
    September 21, 2024
    Latest News
    Wike: State of Emergency Expires September 18
    August 30, 2025
    Ex-Adamawa Senator Says He Left PDP For APC Without Prayers, now ‘I’ve Fasted For 31 Days
    August 30, 2025
    2027: Presidency: Regardless of ADC Zoning, I’m Still in the Race-Rotimi Ameachi
    August 28, 2025
    2027: Olawepo-Hashim; Real Reason I’m Not In Support of Zoning Principle
    August 28, 2025
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
    • About Us
    • Contact us
    • Advertise
Search
  • Advertise
© 2024 Urbanexpresslive. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Disregard Malicious Allegation, Defense Headquarters  Tell Nigerians Regarding Canada Visa Snub
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
URBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVE
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
Search
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
    • About Us
    • Contact us
    • Advertise
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
URBANEXPRESSLIVE > web-Page > Crime Lence > Disregard Malicious Allegation, Defense Headquarters  Tell Nigerians Regarding Canada Visa Snub
Crime LenceCrime Reports

Disregard Malicious Allegation, Defense Headquarters  Tell Nigerians Regarding Canada Visa Snub

urbanexpresslive
Last updated: February 17, 2025 11:20 am
urbanexpresslive
Share
2 Min Read
SHARE

Olusegun Ariyo

As reactions continue to trail the Canada visa snub for the Chief of Defence Staff, the Defence Headquarters has urged Nigerians to disregard what it called ‘malicious allegations’ and to throw their weight behind the armed forces in a bid to promote national security and the welfare of servicemen and women in the country.

A statement by the Director of Defence Information, Brig.-Gen. Tukur Gusau, made available to journalists on Monday, slammed those spreading false allegations regarding the Nigerian military’s request for visas to attend the Invictus Games in Vancouver, Canada.

The statement admonished Nigerians to always seek and obtain adequate information regarding developments before rushing to media platforms, adding that the Defence Headquarters had earlier received an invitation to attend the Invictus Games with its team, which comprised three officers and 21 players, including the team’s physiotherapist.

Gusau said it was the Invictus Games Foundation that catered for the team’s accommodation and feeding needs, along with those of other participating nations, not the Nigerian government as falsely portrayed.

“However, despite our best efforts, only 14 members of the team, excluding the team leader, captain, and physiotherapist, were granted visas.

“Regrettably, seven of our athletes who had the potential to excel were denied visas, preventing them from participating in the games.

“Notwithstanding this setback, our team’s outstanding performance earned Nigeria gold, silver, and bronze medals, proudly placing our nation and Africa on the global map of the Invictus Games.

“Furthermore, the participation of the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Christopher Musa, would have added mental strength to our troops.

“It is on record that the Chief of Defence Staff has initiated laudable efforts to boost the morale of our service personnel, who risk their lives to protect our nation and its people.”

You Might Also Like

Residents Killed As Invades Geidam Town InYobe, Destroys Properties

Abia Anglican Priest Narrates His Eight Days Ordeal With Kidnappers In Kogi

How Imo Police Nabbed Child Trafficking, Rescue Two Children

Abia NIPR Chair, Olunkwa Narrates Ordeal In the Hands of Bandits, Publicity Stunts

How Wanted Drug Baron, Ogbonnaya Kevin Meet His Waterloo-Marwa

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Why I’m Worried About Man Utd’s League Position, Not Getting Sacked-Amorim
Next Article Transfer: How Atletico Madrid Line Up Move For Ndidi
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

235.3kFollowersLike
69.1kFollowersFollow
11.6kFollowersPin
56.4kFollowersFollow
136kSubscribersSubscribe
4.4kFollowersFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

EPL: Why Salah Picked Two Contenders For Liverpool’s Title Challenges
Urban Sports August 30, 2025
Champions League: Day 1 March Confirmed See Full Fixtures
Urban Sports August 30, 2025
Wike: State of Emergency Expires September 18
Discover Politics August 30, 2025
Osas Ighodaro Narrates How an Actor Used His Tongue During First On-Screen Kiss
Entertainment August 30, 2025
Executive Master of Transport Management
//

UrbanExpressNews is Nigeria Most Reliable Online News, With Quality Pedigree of Writers made available on the online space.

Download Our App

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

info@urbanexpresslive.com

 

Follow US
© 2024 Urbanexpresslive. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account