URBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVE
  • Home
  • Politics
    Politics
    “Followers who tell the truth, and leaders who listen to it, are an unbeatable combination.”— Warren Bennis
    Show More
    Top News
    Nasiru Gawuna Resigns As FMBN Chairman
    March 30, 2026
    Blogger Justice Crack: Nigeria  Army Gives  Own Side of the Narrative 
    May 2, 2026
    Democratic System In Nigeria Gradually Lossing Popularity, Primate Ayodele Tells Tinubu
    August 25, 2024
    Latest News
    Banigo Danagogo, Others Disqualified As  Rivers APC Proceed With Senatorial Primaries
    May 17, 2026
    Breaking: Buhari’s Son Clinches APC Reps Ticket In Primary Election
    May 16, 2026
    ISIS Commander: President Tinubu, Trump Confirms Killing of Abu-Mainok In Nigeria-US Operation
    May 16, 2026
    Shehu Sani Greets US, Nigeria For Eliminating Al-Minuki, Says More Work Needed
    May 16, 2026
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
    • Contact us
    • Advertise
Search
  • Advertise
© 2024 Urbanexpresslive. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: ‘Not From Us” Zamfara Govts Says, Disowns Document Alleging Huge Funds To Bandits
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
URBANEXPRESSLIVEURBANEXPRESSLIVE
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
Search
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Urban & Rural Lifestyle
  • Column
  • Environment
  • Urban Sports
  • Crime Lence
  • More Links
    • Contact us
    • Advertise
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
URBANEXPRESSLIVE > web-Page > Crime Reports > ‘Not From Us” Zamfara Govts Says, Disowns Document Alleging Huge Funds To Bandits
Crime ReportsDiscover

‘Not From Us” Zamfara Govts Says, Disowns Document Alleging Huge Funds To Bandits

urbanexpresslive
Last updated: September 6, 2024 8:04 am
urbanexpresslive
Share
3 Min Read
urbanexpess news
SHARE

Olusegun Ariyo

Zamfara State Government has said it remains resolute in the fight against banditry, kidnapping and other criminality across the state.

It disowned some documents being circulated, insinuating that it had released huge funds to some bandits’ kingpins for dialogue in the state.

The Secretary to the State Government, SSG, Abubakar Nakwada who addressed newsmen in Gusau on Thursday said the documents “were not only fake but also mischievous, misleading, malicious and false.”

Nakwada said that the documents with his signature and other top government officials were forged.

He said the security agencies had been properly briefed and were on trail to track down the social media source.

The official also faulted the claims that money was paid to some media promoters under the guise of “reconciliation efforts” from the state Security Trust Fund.

“This is very crucial that we address this matter with transparency and urgency.

“Ordinarily, we should have ignored this, like we have ignored many other fabricated lies aimed at distracting the administration of Gov. Dauda Lawal from its commitment in rescuing and rebuilding the state.

“But due to the sensitivity of the security, which remains one of the priorities of this administration, we are compelled to make some clarifications,” the SSG said.

Nakwada said to set the records straight, the purported memo allegedly said to have originated from his office to Gov. Dauda Lawal was entirely fake and mischievous.

“The state government has consistently announced its firm stance against negotiating with the bandits and terrorists.

“We still maintain the position that we will not negotiate with terrorists.

Our administration has been unequivocal in its approach to addressing the security challenges facing our state,” Nakwada explained.

He said the state government had implemented strategic measures to combat the menace of banditry, adding that the efforts were always guided by integrity, accountability and an unwavering commitment to the safety and well being of people.

“The fabricated document and the baseless claims it contains are not only distracting but also an attempt to erode the trust and confidence that the people of Zamfara have on Gov Lawal’s administration to restore peace and order,” he said.

You Might Also Like

Against Recall Attempt, Pro-Natasha Protesters Storm Kogi Central In Numbers

Anxiety As Police Escort of Lagos state Assembly Speaker Miranda Is Withdrawn

Emergency Rule: Lawyers Request ECOWAS Court To Sanction Tinubu, NASS

Non-Implementation of Minimum Wage-NLC Set To Commence Indefinite Strike

How NDLEA Impound 750 Tons of Illicit Drugs 222

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article Can Do Spirits”Remain Your Potential, Former Vice President Tells Dangote
Next Article Dangote Refinery Petrol : NNPCL Announces Date of  Lilting
Leave a comment Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

235.3kFollowersLike
69.1kFollowersFollow
11.6kFollowersPin
56.4kFollowersFollow
136kSubscribersSubscribe
4.4kFollowersFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Police Authority  Detained Officer Over Escape  of rape suspect  From Custody In Rivers
Crime Lence Crime Reports May 17, 2026
Banigo Danagogo, Others Disqualified As  Rivers APC Proceed With Senatorial Primaries
Discover Politics May 17, 2026
LaLiga: New Challenge Remains His Focus-Flick Reacts To Lewandowski’s Departure From Barcelona 
Urban Sports May 17, 2026
EPL: Why New Chelsea Manager Alonso Named His Three Focuses At Stamford Bridge 
Uncategorized May 17, 2026
//

UrbanExpressNews is Nigeria Most Reliable Online News, With Quality Pedigree of Writers made available on the online space.

Download Our App

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

info@urbanexpresslive.com

 

Follow US
© 2024 Urbanexpresslive. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account